Dallas has some of the most beautiful historic homes in Texas. Some of these iconic properties come with unique stained glass features. Many homeowners want to maintain these windows so that they look their best for years to come but aren’t sure where to start. Call Stained Glass Dallas, we can help you restore these pieces with our simple 6-step process.
Dallas Stained Glass Restoration for Residential Properties
- Removal: The first step requires that we safely remove the existing stained glass from the frame. After it is removed, we’re able to take it to our studio to restore it. We leave a temporary piece of glass in its place while the stained glass is being restored.
- Cleaning: We soak the glass in a cleaning solution in our studio to remove the grit and grime that built up over the years. This soaking process can last up to 2 weeks depending on the glass.
- Disassembly: We take the stained glass apart and number each piece of glass according to detailed photos so that we can recreate this puzzle later in the process.
- Glass Replacement: We keep any pieces that are in good condition once we’ve removed all the original design. We do try to keep as much of the original glass as possible. If any pieces are chipped or cracked, we replace them with brand new glass that we keep in-house.
- Reassembly: After every piece is cleaned and the necessary parts are replaced, we recreate the puzzle of the stained glass design based on the photos we took in Step 3.
- Reinstallation: After the window is reassembled, we reinstall the stained glass into the original frame in your home. We also install a clear pane of glass over it to protect the design from the elements and other damaging forces.
Restoring stained glass is a worthwhile investment to make but most homeowners don’t know where to start. Our team of professionals can help make sure this process is done the right way. If you’re looking to restore a historic piece of stained glass in your Dallas home, reach out to us today!